0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Directions: Read the question, passage, or figure carefully, and choose the best answer.
1. Which of the following prefixes should be added to a word to indicate that something is large?
2. Select the meaning of the underlined word in the sentence.
Many pharmacists recommend taking vitamin B-12 sublingually to promote absorption.
3. Select the meaning of the underlined word in the sentence.
The surgeon had to resect a portion of the intestine due to a bowel obstruction.
4. Which of the following is the meaning of incentivize as used in the sentence?
One challenge of teaching is finding ways to incentivize, or to motivate, learning.
If an extrinsic reward is extremely desirable, a student may become so apprehensive he or she cannot focus. That is, the student may experience such intense pressure to perform that the reward undermines its intent.
5. Which of the following is the meaning of apprehensive as used in the passage?
The coach was thrilled his team won its final game. The fact that his son scored the winning goal was just the icing on the cake.
6. Which of the following is the meaning of icing on the cake as used in the passage?
6. Which word is NOT spelled correctly in the context of this sentence?
Everyone was delayed and working late accept for the lead nurse.
7. Which word correctly completes the sentence?
She checked her alarm to _____ that it was set correctly.